Jobs at Prime Focus India
About Prime Focus
Prime Focus World is a global entertainment services company providing visual effects and stereo 3D conversion to major studios and filmmakers around the world.
When George Lucas decided to re-release ‘Star Wars: Episode One – The Phantom Menace’ in 3D, he turned to Prime Focus World, and the company has also brought its 3D conversion expertise to many other top-tier Hollywood movies including ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2′, ‘Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’, ‘Shrek’, ‘Green Lantern’, ‘Immortals’ and ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’.
From Hollywood to Bollywood and points in between, Prime Focus is recognized as a pre-eminent source of creative and technical services to the global entertainment industry. Top moviemakers rely on Prime Focus to deliver the artistry, technology and global infrastructure required to efficiently and cost-effectively convert 2D material into dazzling 3D.
In addition to its 3D conversion, Prime Focus offers a full slate of world-class VFX services through its various facilities, from some of the most creative and experienced talent in the world. Prime Focus has created breathtaking visual effects for the Academy Award winning film ‘Avatar’; for the blockbuster ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Twilight Saga’ and ‘X-Men’ franchises; and for global releases including ‘Tron: Legacy’, ‘The A-Team’, ‘Sucker Punch’, ‘Unknown’ and the 2011 Palme d’Or winning ‘Tree of Life’.
With its Global Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, Prime Focus is an integrated global business comprising world-class facilities in the United States, Canada, the U.K., and India. Prime Focus’ ‘Global Digital Pipeline’, a dynamic high-speed internal network, provides access to nearly 3,000 artists and expert technicians working in four time zones on three continents. This ‘Worldsourcing’ model enables Prime Focus to deliver efficient service around the clock at highly competitive prices to clients around the globe.
Vacancies in Prime Focus
VFX Producer – Mumbai
Experience and Skills Required
• Minimum of 4 – 6 years experience as a VFX Producer for feature films
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relay communication across multiple sites
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced facility.
• Capable of motivating and leading a large team, with enthusiasm and clarity.
Senior International Compositors – Mumbai
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate 5-8 years compositing experience preferably in Nuke or any other node based compositing application.
- You should have a very keen eye for detail always striving for creative and technical excellence.
- A good understanding of colour space, 2D/3D camera tracking, and seamless integration of computer generated elements and matte paintings with live action plates and the interaction of light is essential.
- The ability to lead others would be an asset. All artists must have previous film compositing experience.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate 1-3 years compositing experience.
- Please supply a detailed resume with your application.
- Please be ready to demonstrate at least 1-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Applicants must provide a detailed resume with their application.
View-D Stereo 3D Compositors
Prime Focus is looking for Shake or Fusion compositors to join their View-D™ team at Prime Focus’ headquarters at Royal Palms, Mumbai.
View-D™ is a proprietary 2D-to-3D conversion process that allows filmmakers to efficiently create stereoscopic 3D movies from source material shot on virtually any medium. The successful applicants will be trained in View-D™ at our studio in Royal Palms – Mainframe, which is Asia’s largest visual entertainment facility with over 700 creative professionals working under one roof.
You should have a very keen eye for detail always striving for creative and technical excellence, and a good understanding of photography and the interaction of light. The ability to lead others would be an asset, as would Stereoscopic experience and knowledge of any other related packages.
All artists must have previous film compositing experience.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package.
Location: Prime Focus Global Headquarters, Royal Palms, Mumbai.
To apply to any positions mentioned above visit http://www.primefocusworld.com/recruitment/india