Makuta is a fully-fledged visual effects facility covering a full gamut of requirements from active on-set visual effects supervision through to immersive digital set extension, digital matte painting, high-end feature animation and effects work, clean-up, motion tracking and final compositing.
We have the backbone support of state of the art systems, a large dedicated render farm which is expanding all of the time, high capacity storage, off-site backup, with high-speed FTP with dedicated connection for transferring digital assets.
We are continuously expanding, even having to relocate offices within the first 18 months of running and have now branched overseas with our parent company Makuta Incorporated being founded in the USA and with staff located worldwide.
Although we have only been around for a few years, we have grown from a small fledgling to an internationally-recognised studio which has a lot of bang for its buck. In the past few years we have heavily invested in our core artistic talent development along with software and hardware infrastructure and have worked on some of the most prestigious features within the Indian film industry with acclaimed directors such as SS Rajamouli, AR Murugadoss, Bapu and Shankar.
Artists are responsible for a strong visual sense with the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums / background plates, working with the VFX supervisor to ensure on-set lighting references are matched and tuning the lighting to suit. Applicants must have the ability to communicate well with colleagues and actively work as part of a progressive team.
- Minimum of 2 years working in feature films
- Must be well versed with 3ds Max (preferable) / Maya focussing on Photometric lighting and mental ray rendering and shader / material construction
- Keen knowledge of real-world lighting & shading theory and familiar with modern and legacy rendering techniques
- Knowledge of color sense and theory
- Knowledge of creating mood lighting which suits a scene or shot with photorealistic outputs
- Ability to troubleshoot scene issues, lighting and rendering problems.
- Procedural shading techniques in 3ds max an advantage
- Knowledge of Digital Fusion / Nuke preferable
- Excellent communication skills are essential
Please note that for all positions, a showreel / portfolio is essential to be considered with complete shot breakdowns. Applications without a showreel will NOT be considered.
Send all work to or post to the address in the Contact section.
Leave a Reply