Lucas Film Singapore internship program
Lucas film Singapore is a world-class studio that produces digital animated content for film and television, visual effects for feature films, and digital games.
Come and join the Force for the summer – we are looking for Padawans in every division.
An internship program runs from May until August for up to 12 weeks. While interns provide administrative and back-up support to the production teams, they learn first-hand about the production environment and process as well. Depending on the department’s needs and the student’s skill set, we may take on interns for artistic and technical internships as well.
Primary Responsibilites: Interns assist and support the Production teams in day-to-day activites, administrative tasks and production errands including the following.
- Dailies – Setting-up, running shots/playlists, following up on items after dailies
- Updating production databases, including inputting notes
- Maintaining crew lists and current information for Production web pages
- Updating/tracking absentees and leave requests
- Scheduling meeting rooms, calendars, etc.
- Crew meals/beverages – ordering, picking-up, delivering, and cleaning up as required
- Assisting with team event planning and coordination
- Expense reporting for supervisors and the management team
- Maintaining and ordering supplies
- Mail distribution, shipping and receiving
- General office duties as needed
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Interest in film production, digital games and media arts preferred
- Workplace professionalism
- Multitasking skills – Working on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural team environment with diverse personalities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. FileMaker Pro experience a plus.
How to apply:
- All application materials including cover letter must be received by the stated deadline, usually in March of that year.
- Please indicate your dates of availability on your cover letter.
- Interviews are typically held from March through April of that year.
- Decisions are typicall finalized by the first week of that year.
- Internship period is typicall 12 weeks from early may through end-July of each year.
- Please include the following in your application:
- Cover letter explaining why you would like to join us as well as your career interest.
- Dates of availability for the internship (in your cover letter).
- Resume (listing skillsets and software knowledge)
- The link to your online/downloadable reel or portfolio (if you have these)
- Contact details for three references
- School transcript (for enrollment verification)
All of the documents required of applicants must be properly named. When attaching materials to your online application, you may upload up to four documents at a time. To make this process easier, we recommend compiling materials into PDF or Word files. You may exceed 2 MB of data.
We are unable to address the needs of foreign-based students studying outside of Singapore.
We do not provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, work permits, or visas.